Mechanical Engineering Intern
Full Time. Louisville, CO
Bolder Surgical is looking for a Mechanical Engineering undergraduate to join our BOLD team for Summer 2020. Our internship program provides the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, start-up, R&D team environment, assisting with the development and testing of electrosurgical disposable medical devices. We are committed to providing an environment for our interns to learn and add value to our business, including independent and collaborative projects directly related to our innovation and product development initiatives.
- Developing CAD models and drawings in SolidWorks
- Performing mechanical analysis on parts and assemblies
- Developing and executing test protocols, design, and fabrication of test setups and fixtures
- 3rd or 4th year student studying Mechanical Engineering
- Basic understanding of Mechanical Engineering fundamentals
- Ability to learn new skills and processes.
- Appreciates working hard in a team environment and completing tasks on time.
- Needs to be creative, quick, self-motivated, and adaptable
Completing Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering (preferred).
- 3rd – 4th year student
- Familiar with SolidWorks and CAD modeling
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Ability to work 40 hours / week
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, and reach and use hands and arms, and be able to talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focu
Bolder Surgical is a medical device manufacturer based in Louisville, CO that has redefined surgery particularly in small spaces. Founded in 2010, we have developed and are marketing laparoscopic surgical instruments including the world’s smallest low-power 3mm Vessel Sealer & Generator and the world’s first ever 5mm linear Stapler. As the company continues to bring unique, high quality products to market, activities around R&D, quality, regulatory, sales, marketing, and manufacturing are increasing dramatically. The company is well capitalized and is poised for substantial growth through the coming years.