Intern – Mechanical Engineer
Full Time. Louisville, CO
Boulder Surgical is looking for a Product Development Engineer Intern for its summer program.
In this position, the following actives may include:
- Support engineering team throughout the process of developing medical devices
- Assist team in building and modifying prototypes
- Complete CAD drawings of fixtures and components as needed
- Design and build fixtures to aid in assembly and device testing
- Perform bench and tissue testing to evaluate and characterize prototype and production devices
- Write protocols and reports to support performance testing of devices
- Any other duties as assigned
- Pursuing a degree in Mechanical Engineering
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- Currently enrolled in Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- $18 – $25 per hour
Work Environment/Other Information
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- The employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms, use hands to finger, handle, feel, and be able to talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift or move up to 25 pounds
Bolder Surgical is a medical device manufacturer based in Louisville, CO that has redefined surgery particularly in small spaces. Founded in 2010, we have developed and are marketing laparoscopic surgical instruments including the world’s smallest low-power 3mm Vessel Sealer & Generator and the world’s first ever 5mm linear Stapler. As the company continues to bring unique, high quality products to market, activities around R&D, quality, regulatory, sales, marketing, and manufacturing are increasing dramatically. The company is well capitalized and is poised for substantial growth through the coming years.